In Part One, Part Two and Part Three of this series, we saw how the U.S. has become the Unipolar geopolitical Hegemon of our 21st Century although threatened by regional powers China and Russia. We compared conservatives and neoconservatives policies and observed how the military doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) has been replaced by the post 9/11 neocon belief of “preemptive strike.”
Growing up in France in the early 70’s, I often listened to La Voix de la Russie (The Voice of Russia) and its daily spew of communist propaganda that I found amusing. Why? Because my family comes from Poland: Mom and Dad (born in Grenoble and Paris) had both Polish Parents. I once recall a radio-guest being asked about “alleged” shootings and deaths of German Democratic Republic (GDR) citizens being caught trying to escape to the West. The GDR official replied: “This is Western Propaganda, the Berlin Wall is here to ‘protect’ GDR citizens from Westerners trying to ‘enter illegally’ into the German Democratic Republic (sic).”
What is actually atypical and preposterous is the fact that things have literally turned around one hundred per cent. Similar to the former Soviet Union times, I am convinced that a new breed of propaganda has emerged: But this time, it comes from the West! Just like in the 70’s and 80’s the old Soviet Union was trying to “protect and defend” its crumbling empire, today’s Empire of Chaos (U.S., Britain and EU) is upholding its too-big-to-fail aka too-big-to-jail institutions via private Central Banks: FED, BOE, ECB and BOJ and a full array of financial policies, products and dicey skims:
- Quantitative Easing: QE
- Zero Interest Rate Policy: ZIRP
- Negative Interest Rest Policy: NIRP coming soon from the Federal Reserve?
- Global derivatives : 700 trillion USD in 2015
- Credit default swaps (CDS) and other exotic instruments: 1.5 quadrillion USD according BIS: Bank of International Settlement in Basel, Switzerland
- Drug trade money laundering (see also here and here)
Jacob Rothschild admits:
“The six months under review have seen [private central] bankers continuing what is surely the greatest experiment in monetary policy in the history of the whole world. We are therefore in uncharted waters and it is impossible to predict the unintended consequences of very low interest rates…” (see also here and here)
Witnessing how NATO has transformed itself, from a former Cold War defensive-asset into a war mongering neocon terror organization, one may just wonder at its horrific 78-day Serbian ethnic cleansing undertook in 1999 via the targeting of white Christian Serbs who did not pose any threat to Yugoslavia or NATO allies whatsoever.
During an interview by Andy Clark with Noam Chomsky, at the Amsterdam Forum on the 18th of December 2005:”Terror and Iraq“, Chomsky replied: “. . . [A]lthough every sane person knows that [oil] was the reason, if Iraq had been producing pickles and lettuce, would they have been invaded? I mean, let’s be serious. Of course it’s oil.” It was a calling for U.S. President George Walker Bush and Britain’s Prime Minister Anthony Charles Lynton (Tony) Blair‘s “Messianic Mission” too, Chomsky went on to say: “Bring democracy to Iraq and immediately everyone had to leap on the democratization bandwagon and it began to be described as the most noble war in history and so on and so forth.“
And indeed, the mainstream media hogwash went on to spew even more neocon propaganda extraordinaire. I do apologize to my readers for this brief linguistic lesson but ordinär in German comes from the French ordinaire. “Extra-ordinär” then would mean “extra-vulgar” and/or “extra-offensive“, which would very well describe the inaccuracy, falsehood and deceit of the three following statements:
- This war [in Iraq] is the most important liberal, revolutionary U.S. democracy-building project since the Marshall Plan … It is one of the noblest things this country has ever attempted abroad.” —Thomas Friedman, New York Times foreign affairs analyst, November 2003
- “President Bush has placed human rights at the center of his foreign policy agenda in unprecedented way.” —Michael Gerson, columnist for the Washington Post, and former speech-writer for George W. Bush, 2007
- “[The war in Iraq] is one of the noblest endeavors the United States, or any great power, has ever undertaken.” —David Brooks, New York Times columnist (2007) as the nefarious neocon propaganda “bravo and sierra” went on unabated.
- And last but not least, the neocon propagandist in chief himself: Barack Hussein Obama adding his own version to it:
“This is an extraordinary achievement, (15:19) nearly nine years in the making. And today, we remember everything that you did to make it possible. … (32:35) Years from now, your legacy will endure. In the names of your fallen comrades etched on headstones at Arlington and the quiet memorials across our country. In the whispered words of admiration as you march in parades, and in the freedom of our children and grandchildren. And in the quiet of night, you will recall that your heart was once touched by fire. You will know that you answered when your country called; you served a cause greater than yourselves. You helped forge a just and lasting peace with Iraq, and among all nations. I could not be prouder of you, and America could not be prouder of you. God bless you all, God bless your families, and God bless the United States of America.” —U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama | December 14, 2011 | Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA
*William Blum concludes: “”Does Mr. [Barack Hussein] Obama, the Peace Laureate, believe the words that come out of his mouth? Barack H. Obama believes only in being the president of the United States. It is the only strong belief the man holds. But freedom has indeed reigned — for the great multinationals to extract everything they can from Iraq’s resources and labor without the hindrance of [Iraqi] public interest laws, environmental regulations, or worker protections.” (emphasis Geopoliticalnews)
*Blum, William. “3.” America’s Deadliest Export Democracy: The Truth about US Foreign Policy and Everything Else. Cape Town: Best Red, 2013. p60. Print.
Let’s conclude briefly with the Iraq death toll and honor the Dads and Moms who are still mourning and grieving for the lost of their sons and daughters: Fathers and Mothers who have been given the U.S. Flag, as badge of honor, for having traded the lives of their kids: Potential children of God created in God’s Own Image: Genesis 1:26.
- As of November the 14th of 2014: 4.486 American Soldiers have died in Iraq
- According the Lancet Survey: 601.027 violent Iraqi deaths out of 654.965 excess deaths
- According the Opinion Research Business Survey: 1.033.000 deaths
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy (Part One)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy (Part Two)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | September 11th 2001 and the Rise of U.S. Neocons (Part Three)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | Preemptive Strike & Neocons Mainstream Media Propaganda (Part Four)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | Preemptive Strike & Neocons Mainstream Media Propaganda (Part Five: in progress)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | U.S.-NATO Serbian Genocide (Part Six: planned)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | Iraq the War for Oil and Control of the Middle East (Part Seven: planned)
- U.S. Exceptionalism and U.S. Global Terror Management Strategy | Iraq the War for OIL and Control of the Middle East (Part Eight: planned)