”Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” —Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de (George) Santayana, Spanish-born philosopher (1863 — 1952)
“War is the continuation of politics by other means.” —Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian General (1780 — 1831)
Relying on Western Mainstream media is often connected to propaganda and geopolitical lies such as:
- 9/11 was an Al Qaeda “terror attack” on America (which in some way it was because Al Qaeda is a U.S. CIA asset in the first place!)
- Russia is alone to be blamed for the Ukrainian conflict
- Crimea “was invaded” by Vladimir Putin
- Libya was freed from Muammar al-Gaddafi for “democratic” reasons
- Egypt and its Arab Spring was the outburst of a “democratic” revolution
Many things are not what they appear to be and many historical events, we were taught at schools/universities or read about, rarely recount the truth of what happened! Wars are (often) initiated by financial institutions and their bankster cabal!
Could this have been the case when, on June the 28th of 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were shot dead in Sarajevo (Serbia)? Shortly after their assassination, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Italy, Serbia, Russia, Turkey and the U.S. got involved in a cataclysmic chain of events that would make up for one of the bloodiest wars in European history.
How could a European conflict (and World War One) end up with Article 231 of the Treaty of Versailles, often known as the War Guilt Clause, and Germany bearing alone the full moral responsibility for this (European) catastrophe?
“The Allied and Associated Governments affirm and Germany accepts the responsibility of Germany and her allies for causing all the loss and damage to which the Allied and Associated Governments and their nationals have been subjected as a consequence of the war imposed upon them by the aggression of Germany and her allies.” (Treaty of Versailles, Article 231)
Australian historian and scholar Christopher Clark, author of “The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914“, makes an insightful statement: “Those who think that my book is about an acquittal of Germany’s great responsibility for the conflict are on the wrong path. This book does not set Germany free from its shared responsibility of the outbreak of this war whatsoever. It is an attempt at considering and understanding the origin of this war as a European problem. It is not striving to ‘de-Germanize’ the war but to ‘Europeanize’ it.”
“Wer meint in meinem Buch einen Freispruch für die deutsche Staatsführung damals zu erlesen ist auf dem falschen Weg. . . . Das Buch spricht die deutschen überhaupt nicht von einer starken und großen Mitverantwortung an den Ausbruch dieses Krieges frei, sondern versucht die Entstehung dieses Krieges als europäisches Problem zu verstehen und zu betrachten. Es ist ein Versuch die Geschichte dieses Krieges nicht zu ‘entdeutschen’ sondern zu europäisieren.” —Christopher Clark
Germany never initiated nor started this war in the first place: Austria-Hungary did! So, why were the Allies (France in particular) so keen at accusing and humiliating Germany when France, Britain, Russia, Serbia, Austria-Hungary and the U.S. should have also been held accountable? Why Germany?
To answer this question, we need to review the geopolitical circumstances that transformed Prussia from a fractured kingdom (post Napoleonic wars) to a united German nation. How was Germany able to accumulate so much wealth from 1850 to 1914? Germany’s industrial strength was nothing short of an “Industrial Miracle.” Despite the fact that this Industrial Revolution started 100 years later than in Britain, the Netherlands and Flemish (north) Belgium, by 1900, Germany had become Europe’s number one economy. How did it happen?
The quintessential reason for Germany’s industrial revival (1871-1900) was the establishment of a German Currency (Mark) backed by Gold! Germany’s national wealth was rapidly created because their gold backed currency was not borrowed from central banks. This is geopolitically and geofinancially crucial because both (private) Bank of England (BoE) and newly created (private) U.S. Federal Reserve (1913 in Jekyll Island) did not have “monetary control” over Germany. As a nation, Germany was free to issue interest free money. Just like Adolf Hitler did with Germany’s development of what would become the world’s finest Autobahn (highway) network, Germany’s “interest free” money speeded up the expansion of its industrial wealth.
Germany’s late nineteen century industrialization was also speeded up thanks to:
- The 1832 creation of a Zollverein (customs union) that promoted free trade between all German States
- The 1870 German defeat over France and Otto von Bismarck‘s 1871 creation of a united Germany (from its initial 25 German-speaking states, city-states and duchies) that stimulated its industrialization even further
- The new politically united Germany could now exploit the rich iron-fields of Lorraine taken from France
- The development of a national railway network especially after 1830. By 1850 Germany had constructed half as much as Britain and twice as much as France
- The extraction of coal from the Silesian, Rhineland and Ruhr fields
- Germany becoming Europe’s leading steel-producing nation in the late 19th century
- The emergence of larger companies such as Alfred Krupp (railway, locomotives and armament production) and Werner Siemens
Incidentally, the 23rd of August 1887 marked the birth of Made in Germany: A trademark law from the “Merchandise Marks Act” imposed by Britain on all German imported goods, which had to bear the “Made in Germany” label. Britain’s obvious intention was to downgrade German products as of “lesser quality” thus “lesser price,” which, as we know, turned out in Germany’s favo(u)r!
We are beginning to see how German currency (gold Mark) and German economy lead us again to the central banksters! London, New York and Paris did not like Germany issuing free money and feared (France especially) the threat that such an economic powerhouse could cause! Winston Churchill, appointed First Lord of the Admiralty before the start of World War I, would eventually make this revealing tatement:
“You must understand that this war is not against Hitler or National Socialism but against the economic strength of the German people, which must be smashed once and for all, regardless whether it is in the hands of Hitler or a Jesuit priest“. —Winston Churchill
In part 10 of this series, we shall see how French Premier Minister Georges Clémenceau was instrumental into forging the disastrous Treaty of Versailles that would eventually “humiliate” and “flatten” Germany not only economically but also as a nation.
Bruno P. Gebarski
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror Management” | Germany 1871 – 1914 | German Gold Mark | German Industrial Revolution (Part 9)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror Management” | Organized Migrant invasion | Asylum Industry | NGOs‘ Online Traveling Advice & Migrant Handbooks (Part 8)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror Management” | Germany’s Migrant Sexual Crimes: unintended consequences or organized consequence? (Part 7)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, Weapons of Mass Migration | Libyan Gold | The Trail of a French Tale (Part 6)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, Coercion and Weapons of Mass Migration: coming Full Circle (Part 5)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, and Weapons of Mass Migration, Forced Displacement and Eugenics (Part 4)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, Weapons of Mass Migration: Forced Displacement and Coercion (Part 3)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, Al Qaeda and ISIS as secret U.S. CIA assets (Part 2)
- Fifteen Years of Western NATO and U.S.-led “Terror management”, 911 and Afghanistan (Part 1)